Office for Science and Technology
Consulate General of France
205 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 3720
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone : 312/327-5240 - Fax : 312/327-5207
Tatiana VALLAEYS, Scientific Attaché :
Chloé BORDET, Deputy Scientific Attachée :
To strengthen existing partnerships with American universities and initiate new ones in ways that support the pioneering work of American universities in the fields of :
- innovation, regional economic development
- developing new ideas (think tank)
Thus, identifying potential partnerships and supporting existing ones, as well as exchanging resources between France and the U.S. (students, educators, scientists), are the main missions of all 7 USA posts of the Mission for Science and Technology: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
Because each post’s scientific and economic environment is different, the five Scientific Offices’ missions are specialized by region.
See the organization.
The Chicago Scientific Office is in charge of 13 Midwestern states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. see map.
Its activities focus on agriculture, food production, biotechnology and projects with universities in all scientific areas.
- to identify and establish relationships with the key Midwestern institutions of higher education and research (universities, national research laboratories or private research institutions)
- to support partnerships and common projects between French and American universities
- to circulate information in the Midwest on teaching and research in France
- to monitor technological innovation in the Midwest
- to animate a network of French scientists residing in the Midwest.
This list is not exhaustive; the Office is open to any suggestion or proposal concerning academic cooperation in the broadest sense.
French agencies in partnership with the Chicago Office for Science and Technology:
In the US : The Cultural Services, the French Trade Commission, Invest in France, the French-American Chamber of Commerce, the French Technology Press Office.
In France : Universities, Grandes Ecoles, Research Institutions (see Science and Research in France)