"à la carte Chicago" coming up Nov. 9-19, 2015 - HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Our team is currently cooking up the first annual à la carte Chicago, a celebration of contemporary French food, wine and art of living, designed to excite and inspire food lovers of all ages. For a whole week, guests will experience new and classic foods, pastries, and beverages all while discovering the many flavors of France!
From November 9th-19th, everyone is invited to celebrate the French table. This week-long event includes specially crafted menus at restaurants, an all-day Cook-a-thon, cooking workshops, tastings, a recipe contest via social media, and activities for children and families... The week closes with the French-American Chamber of Commerce’s 31st annual Passport to France event with French wines, spirits, cuisine, and culture.
The Consulate General of France in Chicago is thrilled to be part of the organizing committee for the first annual à la carte Chicago! The culinary arts and “Art de vivre” are important aspects of French culture and tourism. French gastronomy is even a part of Unesco’s list of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. À la carte Chicago, is a unique way to bring together local French businesses and organizations to showcase all the different facets of these rich and diverse traditions. We are excited to invite Chicagoans of all ages to join the celebration.
You are invited to join in the celebration!
If you are a restaurant, wine store, wine bar, culinary school or another business connected to French food, wine, beer, spirits, and the art of living, we invite you to join us.
• Offer French menus, tastings of or classes on French food or drinks, wine, beer or spirits flights between November 9 and 19
A prix fixe menu for lunch or dinner ($33 and $44)
A wine/beer/spirits flight or specialty cocktail
A class/tasting/presentation on French food, wine, beer, spirits
• Share information about à la carte Chicago on your website and social media
• Fill out the application form
• Pay a registration fee of $100
In return à la carte Chicago will:
• List your business and logo on the official website
• Promote your business on social media
• Include your business on media/press materials
• Post a profile of your business on our blog
• For more details contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• or visit: http://www.alacartechicago.com/
*À la carte committee: Bistronomic, Chez Moi, Shaw’s Crab House, Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, Kendall College, French Pastry School, Viktorija Todorovska, Sommelier and Author of Provence Food and Wine: The Art of Living, Consulat Général de France à Chicago, French-American Chamber of Commerce Chicago, Alliance Française de Chicago, Business France, Civic Duties LLC, and Watel Design.